Sunday, November 3, 2013

Princess of the Valley of the Wind

Handmade peasant dress for my November girl! Simplicity Pattern 2019, Cloud 9 Fabric

I just wanted to pop in quick to share the new dress I made for Oona. It was suppose to be her Little Red Riding Hood dress, but alas, it was not to be. I finished it this morning, and she decided that she is no longer Oona, but Nausicaa, the Princess of the Valley of the Wind, a character from a book (actually, a graphic novel) we are reading as a family. The dress has now been promoted to her official birthday dress, though it might see a lot of wear before then.

Wool of the Andes yarn and my new polish mug full of warm coffee with foamed milk.

I also got some lovely new wool yarn this weekend. Grand plans are formulating. Be on the look out for some magical and warm things posted here in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

beautiful dress! Can't believe how big she is getting!